Monday, June 20, 2011

Oh my....

I do not know how to blog and live my life at the same time. I am at the age where parents are beginning to be an issue. For the past two weeks I have had my mother in law with Alzheimers to give my husbands brother and sister in law a break. Even though I am a nurse by profession it is not a job for the weak at heart or anyone with a hobby...like sewing. If my camera battery had not died I would show you what I did manage to get accomplished which is organizing some of my fabric BUT the reason for this post is this.


Is this a stupid block? Do not be nice.
I need to make
four more blocks, they are time consuming and I have a backup block. I just do not want to give a stupid block. The colors were obviously aqua, orange and yellow. The person likes HR...well, who doesn't but have I stared at this block for too many hours and blinded myself against it? I have made only two of the six I am to make. Here was the initial one



I had no reservations about this one. Came together quickly and i like it.
Did my mother in laws alzheimers skew my thought processes and creativity
or am I just having a mini breakdown?
Help a girl out before someone gets a bad block.

If I were doing it again i would do a wonky log cabin in a circular design.
similar to this but not as structured.

thanks for your input!

2 comments:

  1. I like it! I love all the different selvages you had to use. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it first popped up in my view I said Oh neat block. So it gets my vote. I think you have probably looked at it too much, walk away then come back,before you make your decision.

    ReplyDelete

You are all dear to me and every message means so much. I really take these to heart...good and bad, so fire away! I need your input!