Monday, May 2, 2011

Okay I am back!

On my last post i promised to end hoarding. I have to start at the beginning. To make a long story short we just had a wave of bad luck since the last post so I apologize for the lack of anything resembling cuteness. I am working on that now. My poor husband had several heart stents, had multiple complications, Christmas came and I was flying from Oklahoma and back over and over.

It seems to have calmed now. Everyone is well including my sweet hubby. I will be leaving in a week for a week back to Oklahoma. My daughter is expecting her second and I need to see my parents.

Now that that is out of the way I did manage to finish up a few items before Christmas. One was my fathers quilt. The earthy S quilt out of Kaffe Fasssetts Country Garden Quilts. The pictures I apologize for as the colors are not accurate. The pictures are underneath this post. A new camera is in order. Those pictures i have posted. I chose that quilt as I am native american and that came from my father. I thought this quilt had a native american feel to it and was masculine as well. I was very pleased with it.

The second quilt I rounded up before Christmas was for my sister. I chose "Dream On" and used a layer cake in a very simple design using every part of that layer cake.



 I found a vintage sheet for the backing. I chose this line for my sister because it reminded me of every sheet we ever slept on as little girls. It was the 70's after all so I felt like I recognized them. She knew immediately and loved the quilt so all was well. That was about as much as I could do under the circumstances. I even forgot to photograph it before I left town and left that to them. This sounds so pitiful.

So...that was then, this is now.

Since then I layed low and kept participating in the 3x6 sampler quilt mini bee. The blocks around Christmas were done quickly and very late but I got them out!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tulsagirl/5507860619/in/set-72157623556479760

The following blocks were the first round of this year





For some reason I cannot get away from strippy blocks....I just love them.

Speaking of strippy try making a quilt from a honeybun log cabin style. I am trying to focus on destashing my Wonderland stash. All I have managed so far is this one pitiful baby quilt top.

I will finish the others up shortly. I have promised myself and I do have a new grandbaby coming!

How excited are we at the new DS prints! I will post on that later. I have now gotten myself into another strippy block situation. here is a sneak peak at what may or may not become a block. These are a little time consuming.

Wish me luck on this! Thanks for being patient and I apologize for the long delay. I have since joined a mug rug swap as well so if you are visiting from that site welcome!

FYI...as i go through this destash process there WILL be giveaways....good ones i promise!

cheers to all,
Leslie

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, hope all is well on the home front as far as health goes. Congratulations on the the new grand baby.

    ReplyDelete

You are all dear to me and every message means so much. I really take these to heart...good and bad, so fire away! I need your input!